The Department of Quality, Patient Safety and Performance Improvement consists of both clinical and nonclinical staff who link improvement efforts and patient safety together in a way to improve the care provided to our patients while ensuring reimbursement through the monitoring of improvement efforts.
• Provides leadership, support, and coordination for the clinical improvement program. Plans additional performance improvement initiatives consistent with the CHA strategic plan, quality management strategy and other key business processes.
• Partners with staff at all levels to develop a comprehensive process improvement and performance excellence system.
• Provide Project Management by utilizing performance improvement model tools (Gantt chart, Excel, Project management) data analysis, reliability, sustainability, and spread. Help staff and leaders manages project start/end dates, timeliness of project deliverables, and expected reporting to appropriate committees.
• Troubleshoots as needed to keep teams focused and moving to goal achievement and project completion.
• Monitor and interpret various measures in contracts to facilitate improvement activities such as BIDCO, Mass Health, AQG etc.
• Data Management and Analysis:
o Assuring the integrity and accuracy of the data, reconciling claims data with contract performance and performance based on electronic medical record.
o Creating, managing and tracking work lists aimed at measurement improvement Supports and facilitates team based process improvement strategies for strategically important priorities within the organization.
o Monitors, measures and interprets results.
• Quality and PI Efficiency and Effectiveness:
o Utilizes accepted methodologies i.e. A3, PDSA (with rapid cycle tests of change), RCA, FMEA, Fishbone and other quality tools to improve PI efficiency and effectiveness.
o Ensures CHA teams/service line leaders develop and implement actionable plans for targeted quality measures.
• Technology and Infrastructure Partnership:
o Works directly with IT Systems to process data and develop work lists for monitoring processes of improvement Communicates with Electronic Health record system and other technology developers and users to enable technology to support sustained metric performance goals.
• Highly developed interpersonal and professional skills are required in order to interact effectively with providers, staff, and management.
• Strong experience with project management with proven skills and success in change management
• Assessment and goal-setting skills, project/time management skills, and problem solving skills are required.
• Strong computer skills required, including proficiency in spreadsheets/databases, including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word-Intermediate, Visio
• Strong report writing skills to create, manage and interpret data and worklists to manager quality metrics
• Strong verbal communication skills to relay day to day data issues to key stakeholders on performance based on data.
• Knowledge of contract quality metrics and performance interpretation
• Demonstrated abilities in PI concepts/processes/tools.
• Ability to work with statistical concepts and analysis
• Knowledge and experience with rapid cycle performance improvement
• Ability to lead, coach and persuade others as needed to accomplish projects.
• Demonstrated ability and effective organizational skills to coordinate and manage projects