POSITION TITLE: Quality Improvement Specialist
The Quality Improvement Specialist will have the primary responsibility of coordinating key Quality improvement (QI) activities and projects defined by DCPCA Quality Improvement and Operations Department. The position will report directly to the Associate Director of Quality Improvement and Informatics. The Quality Improvement Specialist will be a key member of the Quality Improvement (QI) and Operations team at DCPCA and provide overall support for the department as well as technical assistance to member health centers around identified QI needs. The QI specialist will provide coordination support to the QI division for appropriate tracking and monitoring of DCPA member performance and program implementation. In addition, the QI specialist will provide technical assistance to members along with the Associate Director around several topics including but not limited to PCMH recognition, Evidenced Based Intervention implementation, the Model for Improvement, and performance feedback reporting. The QI specialist will serve as a key contact and resource on several grant funded projects in the QI division focused on improving care for patients in the DC region. S/he will also be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support tracking member technical assistance through the TA lifecycle to include the following:
- Tracking TA requests
- Triaging TA requests to the appropriate staff member
- Tracking and evaluating provided TA
- Provide TA to member health centers around identified needs
- Arrange training/webinars and/or identify qualified trainers for key topics that support quality improvement
- Assist in the planning, coordination, facilitation and evaluation of QI learning sessions including curriculum, agenda setting, and faculty identification
- Serve as a content expert around Patient Centered Medical Home Implementation and QI processes including implementing the Model for Improvement with PDSA cycle development
- Contribute to the development of expert knowledge on quality improvement frameworks (i.e. Care Models, Model for Improvement, strategies on leading change, developing change agents, Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition and Implementation, Team Based Care)
- Prioritize, anticipate and assess QI needs of health centers by identifying educational opportunities for improvement.
- Work intensively with health center teams participating in assigned QI projects to refine delivery system and identify best practice concepts
- Identify teaching resources and techniques appropriate for assigned QI projects
- Coordinate collection, analysis and completion of evaluation report of the project deliverables
- Aggregate and analyze project level qualitative and quantitative data for reporting purposes to participating health centers, funders and DCPCA staff
- Attend relevant stakeholder meetings
- Support the development of member performance feedback report synthesis, analysis, and dissemination to member health centers
- Coordinate relevant member peer groups and track follow ups and overall progress
- Provide support in report development and synthesis and other division level deliverables
- Manage appropriate list serves and distribution lists for members and partners
- Support the design, development, and implementation of member assessments around clinical performance and TA needs
- Participate in Quality Improvement and HIT team meetings
- Other duties as assigned
This position is primarily sedentary in the Washington, DC office and may require some bending and lifting.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "Quality Improvement Specialist". Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process. No phone calls please.