Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and growth.
This position supports the Healthcare Risk & Compliance team within Ankura Risk, Forensics & Compliance practice - one of six practices focused on client delivery services across the Firm.
The healthcare regulatory environment is constantly changing and becoming more complicated. New laws, new regulations, and government guidance documents make it difficult to keep up with the changes healthcare organizations face every day. To make matters even more challenging, federal and state enforcement agencies such as the Department of Justice (DOJ), the Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General (OIG), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and even the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have pursued an aggressive enforcement agenda putting healthcare providers, payers, and life sciences organizations on the defensive. One strategy that providers, payers, and life sciences organizations have used to avoid and/or mitigate enforcement risk is the implementation of effective compliance programs. The elements of an effective compliance program may vary from one organization to the other; but one thing is abundantly clear: the government has no plans for scaling back its enforcement initiatives and, in fact, federal agencies have pursued investigations and fines/ penalties against companies as well as the board members and senior officers of companies because they may have allowed wrongdoing to occur.
• Provide guidance on compliance matters as they relate to grant and research proposals for submission
• Analyze clinical care standards so that coverage decisions can be made for clients who seek compliance research participant billing operations.
• Proficiency in assisting with assessments and implementation projects involving one or more of the following:
o Review of Medicare regulations and guidance documents for clinical trials billing
o Review of human subjects protection rules and regulations
o Development of administrative processes and structure for clinical research management
• Compliance program development, evaluation, and effectiveness
• Develop work plans, complete complex analyses, and write reports with minimal supervision or editing
• Create, maintain, and review work product (documents/data)
• Suggest approaches and solutions for challenges that arise within the engagement
• Contribute to various firm initiatives through participation in numerous internal workgroups and committees
• Complete other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in accounting, finance, economics or related business discipline (minimum), Masters (preferred), CPA (preferred)
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of accounting and financial processes (Payroll, AP/Billing, Month End Close, Reporting, etc.)
• Intermediate to advanced PC/technical skills including Microsoft Office, Visio, and proficiency in query and reporting tools.
• Demonstrated problem-solving, systems and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify solutions to complex issues.
• 4 - 6 years of work experience required in the clinical research, healthcare administration, nursing, healthcare compliance, or consulting field – demonstrate a willingness to learn and critical thinking skills
• A significant advantage for the position if experience or knowledge of federal regulations related to billing and reimbursement, clinical research, cost principles, grant administration, human subjects protection, and/or good clinical practices
• This position can be based anywhere in the US
Ankura is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where mutual respect and collaboration is paramount. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
3 openings. Telecommuting is allowed.
Internal Number: R100343
Whether a client is facing an immediate challenge to its business, trying to opportunistically increase the value of their company, or protect against future risks, Ankura designs, develops, and executes tailored solutions by assembling the right combination of expertise.
Our senior-level advisors have provided valuable insights in all types of situations – from government issues to complex business challenges to legal proceedings. In each case, we have worked with our clients to deliver measurable and meaningful results that have moved law firms, corporations, governments, and non-profit organizations in a positive direction.
We build on this experience with every case, every client and every situation, collaborating to create innovative, customized solutions, and strategies designed for today’s ever-changing business environment.
This gives our firm unparalleled insight and experience across a wide range of economic, governance, and regulatory challenges. When concerns arise, we have the expertise, knowledge, and experience to guide you through the turbulence back to stability.