Bring your passion for quality patient care that supports Our Nonprofit Mission "Making health care easier, so life can be better." This Mission statement drives the Quality Team to remain focused on the consumer. As a Quality Specialist you will be part of a team dedicated to reducing variation and increasing reliability across the facility and the entire Banner Health system. As a Quality Specialist you will have the opportunity to participate in implementation of evidence based practice and projects to improve patient care.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life. Apply today
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides ongoing assessment of performance, facilitates prioritization of improvement activities, oversees performance improvement projects and ensures successful clinical project implementation at operating entities. The position works closely with both system and operating entity initiatives. All work processed by the incumbent is considered confidential and protected from discovery, pursuant to state statutes.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supports implementation of clinical practices. May support and facilitate implementation and performance improvement activities related to or resulting from patient safety, harm reduction, clinical performance, peer review, and compliance with the requirements of regulatory and accrediting agencies such as TJC, CMS, Quality Improvement Organization and DHS.
2. Provides ongoing assessment of performance, analyzes clinical outcome data, and identifies performance improvement opportunities or trends. Conducts high level assessments, gathers information and collaborates with the appropriate process owner(s) to identify opportunities for improvement. Analyzes data for administrative and clinical decision making.
3. Facilitates prioritization of improvement activities with system and facility leadership.
4. Supports development of annual quality plans with service line/process owners.
5. Initiates and oversees performance improvement projects in collaboration with project lead. Serves as a resource and/or facilitates improvement teams to plan, implement, and coordinate entity activities to maximize clinical and operational outcomes. Participates on improvement teams, guiding/coaching them on the system defined improvement process.
6. Serves as a resource for assessment of clinical performance and performance improvement methodologies throughout the facility and system.
7. Maintains clinical performance assessment, performance improvement, change management and project facilitation expertise through independent study as well as attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
8. Responsibilities cross all levels of internal customers including the department, facility and system, and external customers including but not limited to the medical staff, the community, regulatory bodies and state agencies.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent in nursing or other healthcare related field.
RN license in state worked OR a clinical background with current license/certification or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 5 years acute care clinical experience.
Requires ability to perform complex statistical analysis and highly developed problem solving skills. Requires the ability to manage programs and projects. Requires demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
Registered Nurse (RN) license preferred. Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certification is preferred. Experience with process improvement, regulatory/accreditation programs, data management, and analysis including graphic development and presentations is highly desirable.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.