Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
When facing a cancer diagnosis, a common question is, "where can I go for help?" The answer is Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. By partnering with MD Anderson, one of the nation's leading cancer centers, Banner Health's cancer care includes outstanding cancer programs that integrate the latest in research, education and prevention. All Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center locations in Arizona and Colorado provide care based on the same protocols and practice standards provided at MD Anderson in Houston. We believe patient care is most effective when it's truly collaborative. Our evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach brings together physicians from all cancer specialties to provide highly coordinated and compassionate care. Our cancer experts include medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, physician specialists, nurses and clinical support staff. A vital member of the team includes our clinical nurse navigators who work closely with patients, guiding them through their first visit and serving as a single point of contact throughout their care. From prevention to treatment and beyond, no matter where our patients are on their cancer journey, the team at Banner MD Anderson will be by their side.
This position will support heavy data abstraction and reporting to the Center for International Blood and Marrow Registry (CIBMTR). Familiarity with clinical data abstraction, and experience in tumor registry, coding, or HIIMS is strongly preferred.
This is a remote position, hours are Mon-Fri 8a-4:30pm, no weekends or holidays
Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position collects and analyzes benchmarking/quality outcomes data, focus studies and clinical indicators. Provides education, ensures loop closure, prepares reports, present outcomes and participates in organizational-wide continuous improvement projects as it relates to Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) program. Uses advanced skills in quality assessment.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Develops and implements quality and safety indicators, benchmarking, and focus studies. Assists in identification of appropriate quality indicators to monitor. Participates in the development of the Quality and Safety Plan. Participates in the development and maintenance of FACT standards. Implements and facilitates the activities outlined in the BMT Quality and Safety Plan.
2. Prepares data collection tools and collects appropriate data for each project or indicator. Monitors data collection and registry data entry to assure statistical reliability and validity.
3. Analyzes research data and be alert to trends.
4. Monitors the effectiveness of QI projects and/or new procedures. Prepare and present reports on QI Projects and Reviews. Writes and creates reports necessary to support performance improvement and research functions with the support of the data team. Prepares the case summaries for CPI forums.
5. Scribes the minutes of the CPI meetings to reflect thorough discussion including analysis of the events, conclusions, proposed corrective actions, and/or other loop closure.
6. Maintains comprehensive supporting documentation related to quality improvement project related to BMT. Supports the collection of registry data, research data, and performance data from the OTTRbmt system. Completes case reviews and analyses for contributing factors to the variance in care and/or complications.
7. Actively participates in processes designed to improve care delivery. Assists in the development and/or revision of patient care protocols and policies to improve care delivery. Facilitates the development of necessary staff education for care providers on new or revised policies/protocol/procedures. Provides necessary staff education related to identified knowledge deficits that impact patient care delivery. Recognizes breakdowns in the system of care delivery of BMT patients. Assists and supports the BMT in issue resolution.
8. Coordinates various performance improvement initiatives and works closely with the Performance Improvement Committee and the QI Department. Serves as a liaison to IT Department and the OTTRbmt information system support staff to ensure registry operations remain intact and are not disrupted.
9. Works independently, using advanced skills in quality assessment in support of quality initiatives for the Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) program. May interact with BMT Program leadership, facility leadership and other clinical and nonclinical facility personnel.
Bachelor's Degree in related field required.
Three (3) years of quality experience required. Ability to clearly and concisely present information in written and verbal forms, Strong problem solving and investigative skills Maintain strict confidentiality. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to present information clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Demonstrates and advanced understanding of BMT procedures and patient care including standards of care. Possesses advanced knowledge of human anatomy and pathophysiology. Strong analytical/problem solving skills and investigative skills necessary.
Strong computer skills, including knowledge of word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation, and statistical and graphical software. Demonstrates competence on all software programs necessary for effective report preparation, including all Microsoft Office products as well as database systems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.