The regulatory function is vital in making safe and effective healthcare products available worldwide. Individuals who ensure regulatory compliance and prepare submissions, as well as those whose main job function is clinical affairs or quality assurance are all considered regulatory professionals.
One of our most valuable contributions to the profession is the Regulatory Code of Ethics. The Code of Ethics provides regulatory professionals with core values that hold them to the highest standards of professional conduct.
Like all professions, regulatory is based on a shared set of competencies. The Regulatory Competency Framework describes the essential elements of what is required of regulatory professionals at four major career and professional levels.
Join the brightest minds in regulatory at the annual Regulatory Convergence. See the global regulatory community in action. Intensive workshops. Topical sessions. Meet ups with regulators. This is where it all comes together.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Join our Cancer Services team at Banner University Medical Center Tucson! Banner University Medical Center Tucson offers a wide range of medical and surgical care options. We use the latest technology to detect cancer as early as possible. In addition to treatment options, we also offer many support services for patients and their families. Our treatment services include: Blood and marrow transplantation, Chemotherapy and biologic therapy, Clinical research trials, Genetic counseling and testing, Interventional radiology, and Radiation therapy. At Banner University Medical Center Tucson, we provide integrative services to provide the best treatment options and whole health support during and after our patients cancer treatment .
We believe patient care is most effective when it's truly collaborative. With our academic partnership with the University of Arizona, our evidence-based, academic research, and multidisciplinary approach brings together physicians from all cancer specialties to provide highly coordinated and compassionate care. Our cancer experts include medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, physician specialists, nurses and clinical support staff who work closely with patients, guiding them through their first visit and serving as a point of contact throughout their care. From prevention to treatment and beyond, no matter where our patients are on their cancer journey, the team at Banner University Medical Center Tucson is 100% committed to our patients well-being!
Banner is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, as well as being a nationally recognized Academic Center teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research.
University Arizona Cancer Center is NCI designated, COC, NAPBC, NAPRC, FACT Accredited. Superior Clinical Excellence for staff development with Clinical Ladder for RN and MA's, strong focus on certifications, Shared Leadership for Clinical and Non-Clinical Staff, and other staff related engagement committees.
The Radiation Oncology department has 4 linear accelerators, 2 simulators, and 1 high dose rate treatment machine.
The Quality Analyst position will support data analysis for our Bone Marrow Transplant and CAR-T areas within the oncology department.
Hours are Mon-Fri 8a-5pm
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position collects and analyzes benchmarking/quality outcomes data, focus studies and clinical indicators. Provides education, ensures loop closure, prepares reports, present outcomes and participates in organizational-wide continuous improvement projects as it relates to Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) program. Uses advanced skills in quality assessment.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Develops and implements quality and safety indicators, benchmarking, and focus studies. Assists in identification of appropriate quality indicators to monitor. Participates in the development of the Quality and Safety Plan. Participates in the development and maintenance of FACT standards. Implements and facilitates the activities outlined in the BMT Quality and Safety Plan.
2. Prepares data collection tools and collects appropriate data for each project or indicator. Monitors data collection and registry data entry to assure statistical reliability and validity.
3. Analyzes research data and be alert to trends.
4. Monitors the effectiveness of QI projects and/or new procedures. Prepare and present reports on QI Projects and Reviews. Writes and creates reports necessary to support performance improvement and research functions with the support of the data team. Prepares the case summaries for CPI forums.
5. Scribes the minutes of the CPI meetings to reflect thorough discussion including analysis of the events, conclusions, proposed corrective actions, and/or other loop closure.
6. Maintains comprehensive supporting documentation related to quality improvement project related to BMT. Supports the collection of registry data, research data, and performance data from the OTTRbmt system. Completes case reviews and analyses for contributing factors to the variance in care and/or complications.
7. Actively participates in processes designed to improve care delivery. Assists in the development and/or revision of patient care protocols and policies to improve care delivery. Facilitates the development of necessary staff education for care providers on new or revised policies/protocol/procedures. Provides necessary staff education related to identified knowledge deficits that impact patient care delivery. Recognizes breakdowns in the system of care delivery of BMT patients. Assists and supports the BMT in issue resolution.
8. Coordinates various performance improvement initiatives and works closely with the Performance Improvement Committee and the QI Department. Serves as a liaison to IT Department and the OTTRbmt information system support staff to ensure registry operations remain intact and are not disrupted.
9. Works independently, using advanced skills in quality assessment in support of quality initiatives for the Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) program. May interact with BMT Program leadership, facility leadership and other clinical and nonclinical facility personnel.
Bachelor's Degree in related field required.
Three (3) years of quality experience required. Ability to clearly and concisely present information in written and verbal forms, Strong problem solving and investigative skills Maintain strict confidentiality. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to present information clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Demonstrates and advanced understanding of BMT procedures and patient care including standards of care. Possesses advanced knowledge of human anatomy and pathophysiology. Strong analytical/problem solving skills and investigative skills necessary.
Strong computer skills, including knowledge of word processing, database, spreadsheet, presentation, and statistical and graphical software. Demonstrates competence on all software programs necessary for effective report preparation, including all Microsoft Office products as well as database systems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.